Best Online Incorporation Services
You can incorporate your small business as an LLC, corporation, S corporation, or nonprofit. Most small businesses will incorporate as an LLC.
Learn more about choosing the right business structure in our How to Choose a Business Structure guide.
We reviewed and ranked the 5 best online incorporation services to help you match the needs of your small business with the best provider. Our review is based on:
- The type of business you have
- The needs of your business
- Any additional services you may want for your business
Our Best Online Incorporation Services for 2022:
- ZenBusiness — Best overall service provider for LLC, corporation, and S corporation formation
- Northwest Registered Agent — Good all-around provider for LLC formation
- Incfile — Best nonprofit formation
- Rocket Lawyer — Best for ongoing legal services packages
- LegalZoom — Most recognized formation service
ZenBusiness is our top choice for incorporation. Its standout service is LLC formation, and its specialty service is S corporation formation. The combination of customer service, competitive pricing, and straightforward plans make ZenBusiness an easy first choice.
Rocket Lawyer is a great choice for businesses that could benefit from having on-call attorneys, free phone consultations and document reviews, and discounts on other legal services. Our partnership with Rocket Lawyer allows us to extend this exclusive offer to our website visitors.
Best Incorporation Service
ZenBusiness is the overall best online incorporation service for LLCs, , and because they provide a large number of features at an affordable price.
Incorporation Services Ranked
is our top pick for incorporating a small business in terms of overall quality. ZenBusiness offers company formation packages starting at only $39 per year (plus state fees).
- Straightforward and affordable incorporation packages
- Responsive customer support
- Excellent online reviews from customers
- High-quality registered agent services
- Help with Employer Identification Number (EIN) applications costs an additional $70 for ZenBusiness’ basic plan. We recommend learning how to get an EIN for free.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features for LLC Formation
ZenBusiness offers three packages for LLC formation. Each package includes essential products to form your LLC:
- Registered Agent Service: ZenBusiness offers one year of registered agent services in all of its LLC formation packages at no extra cost. After the first year, the service is $119 annually.
- Free Operating Agreement: An operating agreement is a legal document that outlines an LLC’s ownership and member duties.
- Worry-Free CPA Assessment: This assessment evaluates your company’s finances and provides recommendations for a properly licensed CPA. The suggested accounting services are a great way to keep track of your company’s monetary flow, file your LLC’s taxes, and stay organized.
ZenBusiness Pricing and Features for Corporation and S Corporation
Like with LLC formation, ZenBusiness offers three packages for corporation formation. In addition to the free year of registered agent service and CPA assessment, ZenBusiness offers corporate bylaws creation. All corporations need to create and maintain bylaws that outline company structure, responsibilities, and board guidelines.
ZenBusiness also provides two formation packages dedicated to forming an S corporation as an LLC. These packages include the filing IRS Form 2553 along with all of the LLC formation benefits listed above.
Best Overall Service: ZenBusiness
ZenBusiness is our top recommended service for LLC formation, , and .
offers essential services for online business formation. Its incorporation service starts at $39 (plus state fees), and it includes filing, premium registered agent services, customer privacy protection, and an online dashboard where you can access your business’s documents.
Northwest is known for its high-quality customer service. They provide highly trained US-based support agents, and every customer has a Corporate Guide assigned to their account, allowing you to speak with the same person every time you need your questions answered.
- Positive customer reviews
- User-friendly online ordering process
- No hidden fees or “free trials”
- Professional US-based customer service representatives
- You’ll have to pay extra fees for important formation features such as EIN application assistance and operating agreement creation.
Northwest Pricing and Features for LLC Formation
Northwest offers one formation plan. For $39 plus state fees, you’ll get the following business features:
- Registered agent services (free for the first year, then $125 per year thereafter)
- Free mail forwarding
- “Privacy by Default” to limit sharing of personal information
- Corporate Guide service
Best Customer Service: Northwest
Northwest offers dedicated, top-notch customer service to all of its customers.
is our top pick for nonprofit formation. Its service is both comprehensive and affordable. Similar to ZenBusiness, Incfile also provides value in its basic pricing plan for LLC services.
- Registered agent services are included for free in all packages.
- High-quality customer support.
- User-friendly online dashboard to help you track important deadlines and compliance reminders.
- Its Silver packages for both LLC formation and nonprofit formation is $0 (plus state fees)
- Similar to Northwest, you'll have to pay extra for helpful features like operating agreement creating and EIN assistance.
Incfile Pricing and Features for LLC Formation
Incfile offers three LLC formation packages, each offering base features like:
- Free registered agent service for one year (then $119 per year thereafter)
- Lifetime company alerts
- Next business day processing
Incfile Pricing and Features for Nonprofit Formation
Similar to its LLC formation service, Incfile provides three nonprofit formation packages to choose from, with the Silver package only costing the state filing fee. These packages also offer free registered agent service for a year, compliance alerts, and fast processing times.
Best Low-Budget, High-Feature Service: Incfile
Incfile provides quality formation services for businesses on a budget.
4. Rocket Lawyer
ZenBusiness is the best option for simply forming a small business, but Rocket Lawyer is the best choice if you want ongoing legal services after LLC creation.
Rocket Lawyer Pros
- The riversweeps 777 online casino app and Rocket Lawyer New Business Bundle offers an exclusive discount.
- The legal services subscription package includes free LLC formation and is available as a seven-day free trial.
- Excellent customer service.
Rocket Lawyer Cons
- Rocket Lawyer is focused more on legal help and advice beyond company formation. If you are simply interested in starting a small business, there are more affordable options out there.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing and Features for LLC Formation
Rocket Lawyer sets itself apart by offering a subscription-based model for ongoing legal services, with premium members gaining access to legal documents, advice, and more.
riversweeps 777 online casino app has partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer these services for $349.99 (plus state fees), annually. You’ll save about $300 (over 45%) by choosing our exclusive New Business Bundle, which includes:
- Free incorporation service
- One year of registered agent services
- One year of legal services, including:
- Real Lawyers, Expert Advice
- 30-minute lawyer consultations on each riversweeps 777 online casino app legal matter, up to 40% off attorney hourly rate after
- Easy-to-use legal documents and contracts (including operating agreements)
- Exclusive discounts on future services
- High-quality customer support
The riversweeps 777 online casino app and Rocket Lawyer New Business Bundle is perfect for entrepreneurs who need additional legal expertise throughout their company’s lifetime.
Best Legal Services: Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is the best choice for ongoing legal services, such as support with forming contracts, after forming your LLC. riversweeps 777 online casino app has partnered with Rocket Lawyer to offer an exclusive discount of over 45%.
LegalZoom is one of the most recognized business formation services. The company is mostly focused on full legal services.
- LegalZoom has established itself as one of the most popular LLC services.
- LegalZoom offers more legal services than other LLC formation companies.
- LegalZoom is on the expensive side when it comes to LLC formation.
LegalZoom Pricing and Features for LLC Formation
LegalZoom’s LLC formation packages start at $79 plus state fees. The service includes basic LLC filing services but not many other features. You’ll have to pay extra for EIN assistance, operating agreement creation, and registered agent services.
LegalZoom does offer a Business Advisory Plan, which provides the following and more:
- Tax advice
- Attorney help
- Access to legal forms
Overall, going with an established name like LegalZoom comes at a higher cost. If you prefer to use a company with brand power and are willing to pay significantly more to form an LLC online, consider choosing LegalZoom.